- This event has passed.
CHURCH OPENING FOR WORSHIP SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 27TH
Dear North Ferrisburg United Methodist Church
We take the health of our congregation very seriously. The following is important information regarding the Coronavirus and the precautions we are taking in re-opening our Church building.
Beginning September 27, 2020, the Church will re-open for a limited number of worshipers. There will be two services, one at 9:00 AM and again at 10:30 AM. It is very important you send your reservation so we can plan for the maximum allowed. Worshipers and visitors who are not feeling well or at high risk should stay home. A recording of the service will be available on the Church website.
Important Procedures for Entering the Church:
- Only the door leading into fellowship hall will be available. Please line up at the ramp leading to the door and observe the six foot tape markings with masks on.
- Proper face covering is mandatory from leaving your car and returning to it!
- You will be met by 2 greeters/monitors who will welcome you and screen you.
- Sign in with the names of all in your group along with contact phone number. This will be used for contact tracing should it become necessary.
- Your temperature will be taken using a non-contact thermometer with a maximum allowable temperature of 101.4.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands administered by the greeter/monitor.
- As you move to and up the stairway leading to the sanctuary, continue to observe the six food tape markings.
- Let the greeter/monitor know if you need to use the lift.
- You will be greeted at the entrance to the sanctuary by greeters/monitors who will usher you to seating in one of the pews. The pews are marked with blue tape that signify where NOT to sit.
- The cushions have been removed from each pew so bring your own cushion should you desire.
- All Bibles and hymnals have been removed so bring your own Bibles.
- Please refrain from shaking hands or hugging. A smile, greeting, and wave of the hand will communicate your kinship with others.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- If you do cough or sneeze do so into a tissue or an elbow if a tissue is not available.
- Bulletins will be available on the tables at entrances. Greeters will not hand them to you to minimize person-to-person contact.
- We will not be having a coffee hour after the service.
- Childcare including the nursery will not be available
- Sunday school will not be available.
- There will be only one entrance and one exit available, however, no doors will be locked to provide all exits in an evacuation.
- Should you show symptoms of Covid-19 or become sick after attending a service, notify Pastor Lee 617-678-5243 or Larry Stoneking 802-922-5883 or Clair Connor 252-227-1836
Chairman, Safe Sanctuary Committee